AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Need quick help!

Red face Need quick help!

AAPC: Back to School
    I have a question. I have a patient who has Panncreas cancer and is in the care of Hospice and is on Medicare. How do I bill Hospice for an office visit (face to face)? I understand that Medicare sets aside amount of money for Hospice care so Medicare is dening my claims. Thank you for your help!

rebeccawoodward just posted a great link in one of the forums about hospice. Unfortunately I dont remember which one now.

If you go to the search engine, type in hospice and click on show threads, you will find lots of good information regarding this subject.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by mbort; 09-09-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typo

you would use the GV modifier, unless there is an agreement with the hospice agency to provide consultation services. In that case, you would bill the hospice agency directly.

Professional services of attending physicians, who may be nurse practitioners, furnished to hospice beneficiaries are coded with modifier GV. (Attending physician not employed or paid under arrangement by the patient’s hospice provider); the GW modifier is billed for services unrelated to the terminal illness
    CMS Pub 100-4, Chap 11 Section 40.2; or CR 3226

Thank you sooooooooooo much for your fast response!! I will try using the modifier GV.

Thanks, Karen

Similar Threads

1. Need help quick!
    By jdibble in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM
  2. Please help, quick question!!
    By CMBA4 in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 12:46 PM
  3. Need a quick audit?
    By valleycoder in forum Resume Postings