Re-application of cast requires modifier 58; for our region, anyway.
The allowance for reduction of a fracture includes an allowance for the application of the first cast or traction device. Therefore, castings put on at the time of surgery are included in the surgical procedure's fee schedule allowance, which also includes cast removal. Subsequent castings may
be allowed separately. A casting is considered "subsequent" any time after the date of the surgery.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join