This was a co-surgeon procedure. Pt had hx of vulvar abscess that was drained but subsequently developed a fistula tract to the pubis and caused an osteomyelistis for which she has been receiving intravenous antibiotics without resolution.
Portion of note that our physician did:
Incision was developed to the level of the pubic symhysis. Anterior vulvar subcutaneious tissues were dissected off the pubis. Probe was placed in vulvar abscess fistula tract and it was found to terminate at the pubis symphysis. The tract was dissected in the subcutaneous tissues. Dr. B then performed excision of the affected bony and cartilaginous structures. The vulvar abscess and fistula were then excised using sharp dissection. The vulvar defect was closed with subcutaneous sutures.
Can someone please help me? I cannot find a code anywhere that seems appropriate.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join