I have worked at an ASC for 7 years. At a round table the other evening, a hospital coder said that if a patient is booked for a screening colonoscopy, and a polyp is found- code V76.51, followed by 211.3..... I was always taught that in this instance the procedure becomes surgical and to code the polyp (usually we use 239.0) without the screening V code....
Can anyone comment, help, or provide me with a place that I can find it clearly stated....
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join