Can someone please clairfy how to bill for injections done pre-operatively for post operative pain.
We bill for facility and CRNA charges at our facility.
Patient is having shoulder sugery and the anesthesiologist performs an interscalene block for post op pain managment (CPT code 64415) in the pre-op area.
How do we charge for this? Would CPT code 64415 be submitted on the UB92claim along with the surgical charges, or would it be submitted on a HCFA with the anesthesia charges? Or on a separate claim????
Any information would be greatly appreciated
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join