I was hired with McKesson as a remote anethesia coder on July 2 and am still waiting for my SCC exam to be scheduled! I think because I live in a rural area (north Mississippi) they are having trouble finding a testing site. But as far as what they are going to test us on, there is a review packet in your Welcome information which is really basic stuff-what ICD and CPT codes are, etc. The tests we are given should be related to the specialty we will be coding for (so anesthesia for me). If you have experience, I wouldn't worry. I think it'll be pretty easy, even with the 5 hour time limit. I believe if we fail, we are given a certain time frame to study some test booklets and take the tests in the booklets-something like 3. If, after the re-takes, we still fail, then yes they let us go. So I am reviewing the ICD-9 guidelines and the review packet they sent, and given it's going to be in my area of expertise, I think I will be fine. Good luck to you and let me know how it goes!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join