Need clarification on the proper way to code for infusion of the drug Heception J3955,
96413 for 1:30 minutes of infusion.
DX: Breast Cancer
The reason for the encounter is for infusion of the herceptin drug for a one time visit.
The reason for the encounter is for infusion of the herceptin drug for a series of visits
Should the diagnosis be?
Some supporting documents
Coding Clinic, Third Quarter 2009, page 3 and 4
States you should assign code 174.9 malignant neoplasm for the female breast, unspecified, as the first listed diagnosis, since Herceptin is considered cancer treatment. Assign code V58.69, long term use (current) use of Herceptin. It also states that Herceptin therapy is not antineoplastic chemotherapy, but is a biological adjuvant treatment for women with breast cancers that are HER2 positive
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join