This happens frequently in our practice. We are a practice of MDAs & CRNAs in Nebraska. In the state of Nebraska, CRNAs are able to personally perform (QZ) services. The CRNAs are our employees. We do NOT bill medical direction OR supervision for any of our CRNAs.
1) Is the CRNA your employee or within the same group as the MDA? If not, will another entity be billing for the CRNAs service?
2) Does CRNA licensure allow services to be billed without medical direction or supervision?
3) Who is the payer? Does this payer have billing specifications?
In the situation you explain, for all of our payers, we bill total time (for both MDA and CRNA) 1 charge under the provider with the most time on the case.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join