AAPC - August DL Sale: 50% OFF

Thread: subacromial decompression/open claviculectomy

Default subacromial decompression/open claviculectomy

I am wanting to double check to see what for sure I can use.
    I've got the 23120 for the clavicle resection
    and may I use the 29822 59 with this? Or should I only use 23120? I do know I can't use 29826. Thanks for any help with this
    The scope was then placed in the subacromial space. Arthroscopic subacromial decompression was completed, removing the CA ligament and removing a generous portion of the undersurface of the acromion to a smooth surface.
    A separate incision was then made over the AC joint. Skin flaps were elevated and hemostasis was achieved with a Bovie. The capsule was identified and teed. The distal clavicle was exposed. Osteotome saw was used to remove the distal clavicle in an oblique-like fashion, removing 34 mm of distal clavicle. The capsule was repaired using 0 Monocryl. 2-0 Monocryl closed subcu and running 3-0 Prolene closed the skin. Sterile dressings were applied and a sling.

I am thinking just 23120 only?

anyone have a 2nd opinion?

I am thinking you can do both 23120 and 29826-59

You can't use 29826 with open rotator cuff repair, but I believe it is acceptable with other procedures

I stand corrected :

For scope acromioplasty with open procedures, the AMA and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) recommend you use 29822 (Arthroscopy, shoulder, surgical; debridement, limited) or 29823 (Arthroscopy, shoulder surgical; debridement, extensive) as appropriate. Note that some payers will accept 29822 in place of 29826 but not 29823, so it’s a good idea to check

thank you. appreciate it.