My surgeon was called into the ER to evaluate a patient, after doing so , my surgeon forwarded the care of that patient to a previous provider and facility. I believe my surgeon should be coding the ER visit as 9928?,
because the patient maintained outpatient status.
Does anyone know different information that can assure me?
Example 2â€”A surgeon is called into the emergency department by another provider for a consultation for a Medicare patient.
If the patient doesn't require an admission to the inpatient facilty, the surgeon should bill the visit as an emergency department visit using CPT codes 99281-99285 at the
appropriate level (1 through 5).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join