I'm searching for someone with outpatient mental health coding experience (or reliable links to coding resources). I have several clinicians with differing education/license levels, all of whom administer development and neuropsych testing protocols. One clinician states that APA 'allows' testing to be billed under therapy codes, with any report to be billed to the client for a cash fee. This clinician (PsyD) also allows an LPC to bill incident to for testing, using therapy codes.
Does anyone know whether this should raise ethics/fraud 'red flags'?
Thanks for any input!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join