List dx's 1) V76.51, 2) 211.3 but link to CPT dx 2 only. (If your PM system allows this...otherwise, list 2,1). Medicare does not like this however, they prefer only dx 2 be linked to the procedure... But you should always indicate that the original reason for the scope was screening...the fact that a bx or polypectomy occured must be linked to the CPT first. Hope that helps. It's never easy...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join