It can be billed separately, BUT there would need to be a separately identifiable service performed that was unrelated to the prenatal visit- so if the patient just mentioned that she fell the night before than no, but if the doc did a separate exam in regards to her injuries from the fall, and it is documented separately- not on her prenatal flow sheet but a separate note, then yes it can be billed on the same day. You will need to make sure that the dx used for the separate exam is one that describes the pt's injuries from the fall and not "routine pregnancy".
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join