I do a lot of searching with regards to coding fat grafting to the breasts but so far I dont get any definite answer. We have an md always use cpt code 19380 even tho it was a plain fat injection and no incision at all. CPT code 19380 lay description requires incision and breast tissue rearrangement which this code seemed too much for just plain fat injection. CPT code 11950-11954 seemed to me more applicable but sometimes MD uses like 30cc or more and also injects on each breasts. If let say for example MD injected 30cc on left side and 30cc on right side, how would you code it? Can we do 11954 and 11954-59 or just 11954 since the injected fat was already more than 10cc as stated in the lay description. Also what if 5cc on the left and 5cc on the right, 11951 and 11951-59? Any input will help.
Thanks very much for responding.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join