The correct way to bill for bilateral is the code with a 50 modifier and 1 unit of service the payer will pay 150% which is correct. Except for Blue cross and in most states for BC you must code one line with RT and one line with LT so
73110 50 1 unit or:
73110 RT 1 unit plus
73110 LT 1 unit
You may need to appeal this to get paid for both, ICD-10 CM will fix this as the diagnosis codes are specific to Right , left and bilateral.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join