I have two situations where the insurance is requesting we split out all antepartum charges by date and also bill the delivery seperate. On patient was not effective on her plan until OB had already begun and her insurance has requested we split out all antepartum codes by date. The second patient has insurance through a temp agency and her coverage could terminate on a week to week basis depending on if their is work that particular week so they have also requested all antepartum be billed out by date. I feel as though we are billing these OB services the way the insurance wants them and not based on correct coding guidelines. Is there any information or instruction stating that this type of "split" billing is allowed when the insurance carrier requests it ?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join