Can anyone provide me with a written explanation of CPT code 27132? What we are looking for is a statement showing the intent of what type of surgery is considered "previous hip surgery". We have always used this code if, for example, the patient had an ORIF of a hip fx, and is now presenting for a total hip arthroplasty---so, a previous major procedure. Would a history of a hip core decompression procedure "count" as a previous hip surgery in this case? Thanks!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join