AAPC - Back to school
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HCC coding

Default HCC coders needed in Arizona

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi, I'm an HCC coder which I know is not a certification for that but predict there will be one soon. I've been working in the risk adjustment field for 2 years and like the challenge. Previous companies I just pulled the information whether there was M.E.A.T or not, now being trained with a new company to validate and I like this method.
    Anyone in the Phoenix, AZ there is a NEED for HCC experienced CPC's so if you want more information on the company that's hiring remote coders, email me offline.

St. Louis West, MO

Lightbulb HCC Coders Social Group

Hi everyone. Here is a link to the new social group for all of us HCC coders.

Thanks so much for the site for the group...I have joined and am passing it onto those on my team at work. Also, I have to agree with an earlier reply of yours that forwarded an explanation of what HCC/Risk Adjustment coding is about and how ill equipped some coders may be for diagnosis coding.

What some coders may not understand is that CMS reimburses the insurers based on the HCC risk score of a patient which is derived from those medical diagnsoses that are submitted to them. However, insurers reimburse providers on a fee for service/procedure coding system. Differing coding systems can cause problems in equalizing what goes out to what comes in for a patient.

I think a good way to instruct providers is to remind them that they need to establish the medical necessity for a "procedure" and they do so through diagnosis coding. This may necessitate recognition and evaluation of chronic conditions to assure the overall wellbeing of the member. With that in mind, once documented it should be considered for coding.

Default $11.00 a hour in southern new mexico

For a newly certified coder is 11.00 an hour a little low for a rual clinic?

Default 11.00 an hour?

Is 11.00 a hour for a newly certified cpc a little low for southern New mexico in a rual health clinic?

Default HCC Coding

Hi Tammy,

HCC Coding is not more time consuming but you are extracting all codes in the progress notes and not just HCC codes. The important thing is that the documentation guidelines for HCC Risk adjustment is present so that there are no problems during a Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV) Audit. You can find the HCC tables on CMS website, search for HCC Risk Adjustment. There are different payment tables and keep in mind the DOS year vs. payment years.

Hope this is helpful

Hi Demetriary-
    I have 3 yrs experience Coding HCC...is your Company still looking? If so, Please email @ rcha325@yahoo.com

Hi Demetriary,
    Is your company still hiring? I have 3 years experience coding HCC. Please email me at janet-wyatt@sbcglobal.net....Thank you

I did HCC auditing for 4 years and it was the easiest job I ever had. NO CPT to worry about and only 3500 diagnosis codes of those you work with a at tops about 50 of them most commonly.

Default HCC Education for Physicians

Hey Coders, do any of you know of some resourceful websites, etc...on where I can gather some information regarding the "points" when educating MDs on HCC....I know CMS has great info, but was wanting some other sources..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast