With HCC coding/Medicare Risk Adjustment, your capturing those conditions that are Chronic. There are several HCC Caregories that certain diagnosis fall under. As far as the Coding Guidelines that your taught as a Coder pretty much doesn't apply to HCC coding most of the time. You will disagree with the rules alot, but you can find out more on CMS website. It is about choosing the Most severe level of a Hiearchy group. This may sound confusing, but you can learn more on the websites supplied in previous responses. Hope this was helpful!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join