Hi Tammy, From what I understand, HCC coding is about being as specific as possible when choosing ICD-9 codes (as we should be anyway but sometimes charges aren't reviewed before going out) because the HCC ranking assigned to the codes is a severity ranking. That also means the providers have to be as specific as they can about the diagnoses they see the patient for. CMS has information on their website (CMS Home>Medicare>Medicare Advantage -Rates & Statistics>Risk Adjustment) and there are some videos and other information on www.hccblog.com.
Pam, CPC, CPC-P
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join