An established psychiatric patient was scheduled for a bariatric surgery psychiatric evaluation. The patient has been treated for 300.4 and 296.32. The NPP dictated a report for the evaluation. Since this is not a new course of treatment but a rendering of an opinion at the request of another agency, this would be billed as a consultation code, correct? What would you use for DX? Does anyone have any guidance on this? Again, it is a psychiatric evaluation performed at the request of a Bariatric Surgery Center. Thank you to anyone who can provide some guidance.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join