You do not need a separate diagnosis for the E/M and the injection codes (does not apply to 99211 as the payment for this E/M is included in the injection code). The information can be obtained from the Medicare Claims Processing Manual (Chapter 12, Section 30.6.7): "Medicare will pay for medically necessary office/outpatient visits billed on the same day as a drug administration service with modifier -25 when the modifier indicates that a separarately identifiable E/M service was performed that meets a higher complexity level of care than a service represented by CPT code 99211...For an E/M service provided on the same day, a different diagnosis is not required."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join