Here's the way I understand it...someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
If the patient is seen for a non-ob problem (i.e. URI), you code separately for that visit with 465.9.
If the patient is seen for a complication of pregnancy and has more visits than the "usual" 13, you can code those out separately with the complication dx.
I really want to hear other views, as I'm not an OB/GYN guru!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join