We bill compound drugs under code J3490 for our intrathecal pump refills. In Box 19 we indicate the "formula". For example, 18ml pump with Dilaudid and Clonidine would be:
Compound Rx 18ml total/Dilaudid50mg/ml/Clonidine 2mg/ml
We then send the invoice with the claim (unless it's Medicare then you have to wait for them to ask for it). Our invoices have NDC#'s on them.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join