Really the reading radiologist should bill 76140, with no mods.
I'm not sure if you folks are contracted with them or what . . . regardless, from the description, I'd advise that since you're sending a global charge initially, it'd be prudent to use the 76140 for all those second reads done elsewhere. (I'd also make sure those Rads re-reading were not submitting their own claims on the films, as that'd amount to double billing.)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join