I work for a general surgical practice that does renal surgery (fistulas, p-d catheters, etc.), so our practice does not routinely list other codes for the surgical coding. We often do for the initial consultation/new patient encounters.
However, my practice is associated with two nephrology practices - we all work for Samaritan Health Services. Both nephrology practices routinely code other conditions, such as anemia, htn, proteinuria, etc. We also have an internal medicine practice with a nephrologist; his coder codes other conditions with CKD as well.
I hope this is helpful to you,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join