Good Morning List ~
I attended a cardiology consultant meeting that some of my doctors set up last night. During the meeting some things were said that I believe to be incorrect and I would love other's opinions on this. Here's an example:
Pt comes into ED with Acute MI, cardiology is asked to to take over care due to the MI. Pt brought to cath lab emergent and found during cath to have occlusion in LD and RC. Pt has renal failure, so dr decided to limit the amount of contrast and only stents RC and schedules the pt 2 weeks out to come back for stent to the LD. The pt is stable and with no new symptoms during the 2nd stent placement......
Now, I've always understood this 2nd stent to be a "staged" procedure. Some of my docs don't understand this from a billing standpoint and they are turning in for me to bill another LHC which I do not. During this meeting last night, I asked the consultant this very question. I was told that I could bill for the 2nd LHC and add mod -58. I do not agree to this.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join