V06.1 is the DTap per the ICD-9 CM, but it cannot be a 1st listed Dx.
Coding Clinic, Third Quarter 1998 Page: 13 to 14 Effective with discharges: Sept 1, 1998.
Question:What ICD-9 CM diagnoses code should be assigned for outpatient encounters for the new vaccinatoin, DTap?
Answer:Assign code V06.1, Need for prophylactic vaccination and inoculation against combinations of disease, Diptheria-tetanus-pertussis, combined (DTP), for th DTaP vaccination.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join