I'm not 100%, but for these types of plans, when you don't participate, when you agree to see that patient, you are also "agreeing to abide by Medicares terms" (or whatever that lingo is) Since you aren't par yet, I would say to wait and you should be able to retroactively bill. You should have also put an effective date on the 855 apps so your doc can retro bill for his normal Medicare patients. Just my 2 cents, but your best bet is to contact them
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join