To my knowledge, they will be pretty much doing the same thing as a PA would be, assisting and just that. They will not be personally doing anything by themselves. Do you use the AS modifier at all? or just QX?
What % is the reimbursement of the physician fee schedule and is Medicare recognizing them as providers? if so, I'm assuming they need to be seperately enrolled. We're thinking about employing or leasing CRNFA's ... I want to have my ducks in a row ... so then we can figure out the negative or positive financial impact.
What I've gathered though, is that most practices have utilized PA's instead of the CRNFA's because of the positive financial impact - most payers recognize/reimburse for PA's - and most payers do not for CRNFA's.... Any thoughts?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join