You are correct in that cpt cannot be billed as it is included in both 52332 and 52352.
In regards to your other question about billing CPT 74420, per the American Urological Association/AUAnet: "If the retrograde is performed to complete the procedure, CCI considers the retrograde inherent to the endoscopy procedure performed. However, if the physician performed the supervision and interpretation of the retrograde, the urogloist may bill 74420 [...]. If the physician does not own the equipment, a -26 modifier ust be appended to the 74420. A complete and separate report must be dictated with findings."
Based on our own documentation, we typically bill 52352, 52332 -51, and 74420 -26.
Urology Billing Office
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join