per the Interventional Radiology Coding Users' Guide 2008
"If an angioplasty of an occlusion is unsuccessful because the lesion cannot be crossed, then the appropriate access/and or selection only should be coded. On the other hand, if the lesion is crossed and the angioplasty is performed but with an unacceptable outcome, then the angioplasty is coded since all the work of the angioplasty was done."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join