Please help me with this procedure?
1-left thumb trapeziectomy,
2-left thumb reconstruction with tendon transfer of flexor carpi radialis.
Using an incision over the dorsum of the skin at the thumb, I carried this sharply down to the skin and exposed the base of the thumb. I then exposed the trapezium and carefully, I removed this piece meal using a Rongeur.
I exposed the FCR in the center portion of the wound. I removed the entire trapezium and then made a small incision of the FCR tendon. I stripped the radial half of the FCR tendon. I tacked this with 0 Vicryl suture and gently passed it into the distal aspect of the wound. I then made a drill hole at the base of the thumb, and transferred this over the thumb itself with the thumb in an abducted position. I utilized 0 vicryl and tacked this down into the base of the wound. I closed ...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join