AAPC - Back to school

Thread: LIFEwatch/ Life star act system

Default LIFEwatch/ Life star act system

AAPC: Back to School
    Is anyone familiar with this?? If so How are you billing the professional componet (CPT) and office follow up visits ..

this is such a nightmare for us.

lifestar reps said to use the unlisted medicine code w/ mod 26 - which we did, no luck whatsoever - medicare said there was a code that could be used after they reviewed the notes, that was more specific - well, i'd love to know what the code is because NO ONE has it ... and we sure can't find it. We've tried several codes and Medicare has denied every one of them.

i'm at a loss, and i'm so confused with it.
    the claims are just sitting here...

Well so far we were told use 93799 (unlsited proc code) with 26 modifer for MEDICARE ONLY- put LIFEWATCH in description part

For Aetna/ CIgNA / BLue card- USE S0347

ALL OTHER commercial use 93237 (26 modifer)-

We have yet to have any paid... But Now our doc wants to bill for follow up visits which keep getting denied b/c the patient is in the 90day p/o period for the MAZE procedure. I am attending the STS conference in November I will def ask about this. Thanks U though nice to know i'm not the only one going in circles...