Hello. I wasn't sure where to post this question so I'm posting in two places in hopes that someone can help me out.
We have an oncology center that has physician offices (place of service 11)on one side of the building and then the patients get their infusion done across the hall in the hospital outpatient infusion center (place of service 22). My question is, if a patient sees the doctor and we bill an E/M code for the physician office service, then the patient goes across the hall to have chemo in the outpatient infusion center (POS 22), do we use a modifier 25 on the office visit? We have a few denials from our state Medicaid carrier and I can't find any documentation to tell me if we use this modifier even though the place of service is completely different for each charge. HELP please!!!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join