Does anyone have any updated information regarding billing a TF ESI with a facet injection? I read posts from 2010 that say that is not typically done because the facet injection is diagnostic and the TF ESI defeats the purpose, but I was hoping to get updated information. I do not see any CCI edits that say the two can't be billed together.
Also, does anyone have information regarding how many levels of either procedure can be billed for one date of service? For example, I don't believe more than 3 levels of facet injection can be billed on the same day, but could we bill 64483, 64484, 64493, 64494?
Thanks in advance!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join