I would review the LCD for the Medicare carrier you are billing. For example, if they state there should be presence of radiculopathy for the transforminal epidural but not a strong radicular component for the indication for the facet block, then if they state that facet, SI joint, epidurals should not be performed during the same setting. The next step is to present this information to the physician. And suggest addressing different spinal conditions that have different treatment options in separate encounters.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join