Can CPT 57500-59 be reported with CPT 57454 if the patient undergoes a cervical polypectomy along with a colposcopy with cervical biopsies & endocervical curettage or is the cervical polypectomy inclusive in the colposcopy code (57454)? CCI indicates that this code combination is never allowed (modifier -59 is not allowed), but CCI always indicates this when the procedure is a "separate procedure" such as 57500. 3 specimens were sent to pathology: 1.) ECC 2.) Cervix biopsies 3.) Cervix - endocervical polyps. I appreciate any opinions I can get. Thanks!
Mary Kittredge, MA, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join