I have a denial from a commercial payer for CPT code 11750. We billed two of these codes as they were done on the two great toes on one patient. We of course appended TA modifier to one and T5 to the other but the insurance denied one of them stating it was inclusive in the other. Reviewing the code, it does not specifically state 'each digit' or multiple digits either.
In my opinion it should be each nail but my opinion and $5 would buy you a latte.
Does anyone else know the specifics of this code?
Thanks in advance for the help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join