patient is being seen by pulmonologist for surgery clearance, Should the pre-op code V72.82 be the first ICD 9 code listed?
I'm confused by the guidelines because:
ICD 9 CM Section I.C.18.b
states: "that V codes may be used as either a 1st listed code (inpatient setting) or secondary code, depending on the circumstance?
refer to ICD 9 CM Section I.C.18.e
states The list of V codes below may only be reported as the principal, except when there are multiple encounters on the same day, etc..... the V72.82 is not listed as being an acceptable
again refers you to Section II.C which doesn't make sense either
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join