this observation business is a mess. My question is, if Dr A admits pt to observation on day 1, and the status is changed to inpt, and Dr B (who is in
the same practice-same tax ID) see the pt on day 2, is Dr B's visit an inpt
initial or subsequent visit? If it is initial, can Dr B reference Dr A's documentation? Does anyone know how CMS views this? Any references?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join