Psychologists use these code only. Per Medicare B Psychiatric Services Pubblished Jan 2012
The AMA cpt book has the discription of the codes. Look at 2nd paragraph "The assessment is not focus on mental health but on the biopsychological factors important to physical health problems & treatments"....cpt book 2012 page. 517
Note that 96155 is not covered by Medicare bcz it is not a face to face service with patient.
There are some payers don't pay and others pay depends on the payer. Medicaid never pay for these service and it is stating on Medicaid behavioral health manual.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join