82947 is included in the BMP code. You should be using 80048 for your BMP code and that it is it. You would not separately bill out 82947. If you were to go to your CPT book, look at 80048, you will see all the lab tests that are included in it, 82947 is one of them. That is why you are getting denied, it's already being paid for by using the 80048.
My CPT 2008 book is at work, and i only have a 2007 CPT book at home, i am assuming in the 2008 book it will state what i just quoted you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join