I'm trying to find the best way to bill for a biceps tenotomy. My understanding is 23405 is an open procedure and that was not the approach my physician used. He did a arthroscopic slap repair (29807) and debridement (29822) at the same time as the biceps tenotomy. Per his op note he "biceps tendon had extensive shredding throughout the entire proximal portion of the tendon so a decision was made at that point to do a tenotomy. Arthroscopic scissors were used to release the biceps tendon.". There is not a code for biceps tenotomy done arthroscopically. Any suggestions?? Thanks!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join