AAPC - Back to school

Thread: hospice labs

Default hospice labs

AAPC: Back to School
    We are a rural clinic and have a laboratory in our clinic. We have an oncologist that used our office and lab. We draw and run labs for his hospice patients. We can not get reimbursed from Medicare for the lab work that we run for the hospice patients even when putting Dr. G as the referring provider. Does anyone have any information that could help us out?

Medicare's voucher says: Patient Responsibility.

I would call Hospice and verify the patients DX is Hospice related. If the DX is related then I would bill Hospice for all charges related. Now if Hospice says the DX is not related then I would apply a GW modifer and rebill Medicare. Right?

Seacoast- Dover New Hampshire

Question Hospice

I don't have my coding books here, but I believe that there is a modifier GV for non hospice employee. If you are a RHC, are you splitting out your 'Non Rural Health Clinic Time" and renting space to the "visiting MD"?
    Karen Barron, CPC
    Hampton New Hampshire Chapter

Similar Threads

1. Hospice
    By Swooshjoe3 in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2015, 07:08 AM
  2. Hospice
    By Barbara56 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
  3. Hospice