We have patients who have the levator resection (67904) and the excision of excess skin/fat (15823) done on the SAME EYE. For Medicare, there is an NCCI bundle, so only one code can be submitted. 15823 has the higher RVU, thus that one should be coded for Medicare, correct? But for COMMERCIAL payers, can both 15823 59 and 67904 59 be submitted? Is there a policy stating any of this?
Any response will be greatly appreciated.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join