A9552 is for a "per study dose up to 45 mCi". If you use up to 45 mCi you should report 1 unit. If you use more than 45 mCi up to 90 mCi then you can report 2 units, etc.
However, check the medically unlikey edits [MUE] for A9552. If it is 1, then you will have to use a modifier 76 to bypass the MUE. You bill one line with A9552x1 and one line with A9552-76x1. [According to the CMS MUE web page, FAQ, this is appropriate - now, if only the MACs would get aboard].
Some commercial payers want A9552 and A9552-59. Best to monitor commercial claims and keep a record of what each payer wants.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join