A little humor. Was the patient an alien with two hearts?
Something appears very wrong with the coding and with the scrubber results. To really help, I need more information. What exactly did the physician do? Did the patient have an existing device that was replaced or was this the initial placement of a device?
In general, if this was the initial implantation of a PM, then you report one code: 33206 for single lead/atrial; or 33207 for single lead/ventricle; or 33208 for dual leads/atrial and ventricle. You also report 71090-26 for radiological guidance during lead placement.
If you give me more details on the procedure, I can give you a more specific answer and the logic.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join