When you are looking in the Index to Diseases under seroma, the paranthetical notes state - not infected - so the codes you mention which are listed there don't apply, and postop codes also don't aply, I think seromas are usually considered postop sterile fluid collections. Since the seroma is out, a coder must be creative but fair ( the subjective part of coding ) so I looked under abscess and found a specific code for the leg - 682.6 Also code the contusion 924.5 in my opinion
John Manter RN, CCS, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join