We code our 1st visit as "confirmation" of pregnancy. The patient presents with a missed period ( E&M, 626.8), is given an "GYN" ultra sound to confirm the pregnancy (76856, 626.8, V72.42) as long as you DO NOT start the prenatal record until the following visit. ACOG has a great article on this written about 2 years ago. If you want me to fax you a copy, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jamie (I may not check back soon enough on this forum)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join