I work for a Pulmonary and Critical Care Service and our medical providers document a reading for this CPT code. I am unable to locate any information stating that this is a billable service within the office setting. It appears that only the facility (in this case the hospital) that performs the test can only bill for this. Does anyone have any experience with the code and should our medical providers be able to bill for the reading as in other pulmonary service tests? We would typically place the 26 modifier on the code if billed.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join